Thursday, August 18, 2022

Here We Go A-Blogging...Again

Welcome to yet another attempt at blogging by yours truly.

A former ink-stained wretch (that's newspaper guy for you younger folks), I've dabbled on and off - mostly off - with blogs since going full time into broadcasting back in 2001. Quite honestly, serving as a one-man sports department - sometimes leading a large department of 2 people - for over a decade, I got burned out on writing.

But with the new radio show that's coming, along with our new nonprofit Grand Slam Ministries, the website needs a blog. So, here we are.

I'm trusting God to provide the inspiration for the written word, as well as the spoken word. And hope to use the blog as not only a compliment to go deeper on radio topics, but to share testimonies, prayer requests and behind-the-scenes info from both the show and GSM.

All with the sole purpose of glorifying Jesus Christ.

The new radio show is still a month or two away. Honestly, the timing will be determined by how quickly we find businesses and/or individuals to underwrite the cost of prepaying a full year of airtime. After a lot of prayer, and plenty of previous mistakes, I believe that's the way we should approach this project.

Currently we have about 1/3 of the necessary cost. But as I have told many people recently, God didn't open the doors for this nonprofit to happen - and He did, in incredible ways - only to allow it to wither on the vine due to lack of funding.

So, we pray. We explore options. And we work while we wait.

I will try to be faithful in updating the blog on a regular basis. My prayer is that it will be a blessing to you, as well as a tool to share the love of Jesus Christ and the work He is doing in my life. And the lives of others.

God bless!

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 Travel Capsule - A Look Back/Travel Tips

My wife, Angela, and I were blessed to visit a number of cities this past year, primarily on our two-week vacation out West. While I'm h...